Dr. Bertrand Perey
Dr. Bertrand Perey is currently in active practice at the Royal Columbian Hospital and Eagle Ridge Hospital in the Fraser Health Authority of British Columbia. The focus of his practice is hand, wrist and elbow surgery.
He is Chief of Surgery and Head of the Division of Orthopaedics at the Royal Columbian Hospital and currently serves as a consultant in hand surgery to WorkSafe BC.
Dr. Perey is affiliated with the University of British Columbia as a Clinical Associate Professor. He is actively involved in teaching at both the undergraduate and post-graduate levels. He is a member of the Residency Program Committee and is actively involved in hand and upper extremity surgery training for the residents of this program.
Dr. Perey is a graduate of Dalhousie University Faculty of Medicine (1986) and completed his residency training in orthopaedic surgery at the University of British Columbia in 1995.
After completing a one-year fellowship in hand surgery at the University of British Columbia in 1996, he performed a second-year fellowship in hand, wrist, and elbow surgery and upper extremity reconstruction at Harvard University in Boston, MA, under the mentorship of the world-renowned Dr. Jesse Jupiter.
Dr. Perey is a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada and a Diplomat of the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. He is a member of the Canadian Orthopaedic Association, and past section head for hand, wrist and elbow surgery and the annual association meeting. In addition, he is a past president and founding member of the British Columbia Hand Society. Dr. Perey was previously the hand surgeon for the BC Lions.
Current Clinical Interests
- Elbow, Hand and Wrist Reconstruction
- Orthopaedic Trauma Surgery Upper & Lower Extremity
- Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS
- Rotating Internship, Dalhousie University, Halifax NS
- Orthopaedic Surgery, University of British Columbia, Vancouver BC
- Hand Surgery Fellowship, University of British Columbia, Vancouver BC
- Hand Surgery Fellowship, Harvard University, Boston MA
- Fellow, Royal College of Surgeons of Canada
- Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of British Columbia
- Chief of Surgery, Royal Columbian Hospital
- Head of Division of Orthopaedics, Royal Columbian Hospital
Dr. Bert Perey, MD, FRCPC, Orthopedic Surgeon
Audio Presented By: